Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Indie Folk aka My Music

The Avett Bros at Jimmy Kimmel Live
I would say I listen to a bit of everything, but my main go to for music is indie folk. It can be mellow, it can be rocking, but for some reason it always reminds me of home for a bit.

Last night I was fortunate enough to see one of my favorite bands, The Avett Brothers, for free courtesy of Jimmy Kimmel Live and thought I would share some of my favorite Indie Folk bands and songs.

First off is Mumford and Sons, who is by far the most commercial. I am sure 99% of you have heard of them.
Then there is my love The Avett Brothers, whose new album The Carpenter come out today!! My favorite song from them is Head Full of Doubt/Road full of Promise. I mean it is so good the lyrics are printed and on my desk. They are up and coming, recently being featured in the new Gap commercial. "Live and Die" is on their new CD.



Some other greats I love are The Civil Wars, The Decemberists, Alabama Shakes, and Edwarde Sharp and the Magnetics.

If you are interested in hearing more indie folk I highly suggest the following Spotify playlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment