Wednesday, September 12, 2012

#NYFW for Those Not in Fashion

So it is New York Fashion Week- but you already knew this. Why? Because this is the time of year where every blogger becomes a fashion blogger. Also most of my NYC friends are attending their first fashion weeks leading to my Facebook also being taken over.

Now seeing as how I work in the film industry and the Toronto International Film Festival is going on, fashion week is sadly not my number one priority. Instead things like the END OF WATCH premiere are far more up my alley!

But none the less I love fashion. So here is my guide to New York Fashion Week for those of us who do not live within the glamorous world of the fashion industry.

A Film Girls Guide to Fashion Week

  1. Choose a few select people to follow on Twitter. For me key people are @OscarPRGirl, @GrungyGentleman and Emily Schuman from Cupcakes and Cashmere. I like these people because Oscar PR Girl is pretty much in the know on everything, and Emily Schuman has amazing (and similar) taste to mine. Grungy Gentleman follows menswear, which should not be over looked.
  2. Try to see one live show streamed (or pretend to at least). WWD gives you the scoop on the whole line that you can quickly browse through when you have a few minutes to kill. See the Oscar De La Renta line here.
  3. A huge part of New York Fashion Week is the street style worn to the shows. I like to follow Refinery 29 for this. One I already follow them for their amazing Los Angeles section, but this makes it really easy to see what the fashionably savvy are wearing.
  4. If you can take one thing remember: OX BLOOD

1 comment:

  1. This is how my buddy Wesley Virgin's story launches with this shocking and controversial video.

    As a matter of fact, Wesley was in the military-and soon after leaving-he unveiled hidden, "mind control" secrets that the CIA and others used to obtain anything they want.

    THESE are the exact same methods tons of celebrities (especially those who "became famous out of nothing") and elite business people used to become rich and successful.

    You probably know that you only use 10% of your brain.

    Mostly, that's because most of your brain's power is UNCONSCIOUS.

    Perhaps this thought has even taken place INSIDE your own head... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's head seven years ago, while driving a non-registered, beat-up bucket of a vehicle without a driver's license and $3 on his banking card.

    "I'm so fed up with living check to check! Why can't I turn myself successful?"

    You've been a part of those those types of conversations, ain't it so?

    Your success story is waiting to be written. Go and take a leap of faith in YOURSELF.

    WATCH WESLEY SPEAK NOW

    ReplyDelete